Posted by Dr. Hytham Elwi on Sun, 18 Jun 2023
Smile Horizons Dental Arts - Dentist Mississauga
If you’re missing one or more teeth, it’s likely you’re currently experiencing difficulties with eating and speaking. Missing teeth can also hurt your self-esteem and bring down your confidence. Fortunately, there are many ways you can replace lost teeth to once again have a full vibrant smile. At Smile Horizons Dental Arts in Mississauga, Ontario, Dr. Hytham Elwi and his team can provide you with the best quality dentures guaranteed to restore your smile to its former glory.
Types of dentures we offer
All dentures we offer are custom-made just for you and include two types: partial and full dentures.
- Partial dentures: When a few natural teeth remain, Dr. Elwi will likely suggest partial dentures. These dentures stay in place using special clasps attached close to your natural teeth.
- Full dentures: Full dentures replace all of your teeth. These dentures will be placed in your mouth and sealed with the gums. In a few cases, patients can elect to have implant-retained dentures, which are placed using implants inserted into the jaw.
Dr. Elwi will need to take impressions of your gums to ensure your dentures are custom-designed to match your unique specifications. This may mean you’ll need to come into the office for additional fittings. However, this process is vital for ensuring your dentures have the proper fit, alignment, and appearance.
How long will my dentures last?
According to the Canadian Dental Association, it’s best to replace your dentures every five to seven years. This ensures they still fit well and look good.
Call Our Office For More InformationBook an Appointment
When you get your dentures, it’s essential to take good care of them. Doing this will ensure they stay in excellent shape. Dr. Elwi may also provide additional instructions to you, but these are a few general guidelines to follow to care for your dentures properly.
- Always rinse your dentures after eating
- Handle your dentures with extra care
- Always brush after removing your dentures
- Soak your dentures overnight and rinse them thoroughly before using them the next day
- Brush your dentures each day
- Visit Dr. Elwi for routine cleanings and fittings
Restore your incomplete smile
Don’t let missing teeth ruin your smile and impact your way of life. Contact Smile Horizons Dental Arts to schedule your consultation with Dr. Hytham Elwi today. Our number is (905) 607-8778, and we are located at 3145 Dundas St W, Unit 13 in Mississauga, ON.
We will gladly answer any questions you may have.Ask Questions
Smile Horizons Dental Arts offers the ability to request your dentist appointments online. Schedule an appointment now!Book Online
New Patient Forms
By filling out the New Patient Forms ahead of time you will save significant time on your visit.New Patient Forms